10 Things to Check on Your Roof After High Winds
Certain parts of the country face regular high wind events. Ranging from moderate gusts to sustained winds, any high winds can bring havoc to your home’s roof.
Once winds have passed, we encourage every homeowner to safely walk their property front to back and inspect their roof.
1. Missing or loose roofing tiles or roofing shingles
2. Missing or loose ridge caps and vents
3. Dislodged, loose or clogged gutters
4. Debris that has been blown onto the roof or damaged tree limbs that could possibly fall on the roof and cause future damage
5. Check vent covers to ensure that nothing has been blown off or damaged
6. Inspect skylights and/or solar tubes to ensure they’re not cracked from falling or blown debris
7. Check the attic space for any telltale signs of roof damage, such as daylight shining through
8. Inspect any roof-mounted AC units to ensure no damage was done to the unit or its water lines from flying debris
9. If you have solar panels mounted on your roof, check them for damage and remove any accumulated debris that may shade them, diminishing power output
10. If your home features a flat roof, make sure all your roof drains are free and clear of any debris that may have blown into them.
We always recommend that you hire a licensed, qualified roofing company to complete any roof repair work, particularly if you are uncomfortable with the dangers associated with working on a sloped roof or unfamiliar with roofing materials.
Texas Roofing & Gutters, call now at (832) 931-623 for a free inspection.
Font: Angie's List
Are you looking for a roofing and gutter installer to meet your roofing needs?. Texas Roofing & Gutters is an insured and certified company in Houston Texas providing relentless customer service, uncompromising quality and attention to detail.
RESIDENTIAL Roofing in houston
roofing in houston, commercial roofing in houston, residential roofing, air conditioning, blow insulation, coating, commercial gutters, hardie plank siding, patio additions, patio covers, porches, residential gutters, slab concrete, texas roofing and gutters