Installing a New Roof
How old is the existing roof? If installed properly and with good materials, an asphalt shingle roof should last 20 to 25 years, sometimes longer.
- Go outside and look at the roof. Are the shingle lines still straight or can you see sags or other irregularities? A sag would indicate that the sheathing underneath is rotting. .
- When you clean your gutters (which you should be doing twice a year), do you find a lot of asphalt granules in the gutter? That's a sign the asphalt shingles are breaking down.
- Do you see cracked, curled or misshapen shingles? As shingles age, they begin to deteriorate. Are any shingles missing? Check to see if all of the tabs are intact.
- Does your chimney flashing consist of roof cement or tar? Chimneys are a potential weak spot on roofs and need to have a long-term, water-tight fitting such as metal flashing.
- Go up in the attic, preferably during or immediately after a good rain, and look for evidence of leaks or moisture. .
If you're starting to see some of these warning signs, have a qualified roof inspector give you a professional assessment.
Texas Roofing & Gutters, call now at (832) 931-623 for a free inspection.
Font: Angie's List
Are you looking for a roofing and gutter installer to meet your roofing needs?. Texas Roofing & Gutters is an insured and certified company in Houston Texas providing relentless customer service, uncompromising quality and attention to detail.
Roofers in Houston
roofing in houston, commercial roofing in houston, residential roofing, air conditioning, blow insulation, coating, commercial gutters, hardie plank siding, patio additions, patio covers, porches, residential gutters, slab concrete, texas roofing and gutters